banner-47

Letters

Illegal Detention
On 11th August, a group of 18 members of Coordination of Democratic Rights Organisation (CDRO) including Telangana and Andhra Pradesh CLC members went to Chattisgarh for fact finding. They reached Naganoor and Palnoor on August 12, 2017.

Then on 13th, they started in three vehicles to reach Burkapal village to do fact finding. But they were stopped by police near Sukma jail for random checking and all of them (22), including the drivers, were taken to Sukma community hall forcibly and detained there since (August 13, 9 am).

All the attempts to talk to Sukma SP and Collector, have failed. This act of Sukma police is to stop CDRO in bringing the facts on the violence in this region to the outside world. I appeal to the Democratic forces to condemn this illegal detention and demand for immediate release of the whole team of 22 members including CLC and CDRO members.
Varavara Rao, Hyderabad, 13-08-2017

Aadhaar
I have a Vodafone mobile connection. For some while I have been getting messages from Vodafone asking me to link my phone with my Aadhaar card. I received one this morning.

Is Vodafone aware of the Supreme Court's ruling on the right to privacy and its implications for Aadhaar.
Mukul Dube, Delhi

Frontier
Vol. 50, No.11, Sep 17 - 23, 2017